Saturday 16 January 2010

An Indigo Teenager

The Indigo Teenager

I have just met my first indigo child. I was invigilating an exam for a 16 year old with special educational needs. We were in a private room with only the two of us and his assistant who could read and write for him if need be.

I had been told that he was prone to outbursts and expected to find a troubled teenager with temper tantrums. Instead I found a very pleasant, sensitive and polite young man. Instead of finding deep gloom and despair I saw lightness and joy. He obviously struggled with the school system but I know his achievements, leadership and support for his friends will make him stand out.

The indigo child is not always a new soul on the Earth, but like this boy can be an ancient soul who has lived a spiritual life and learnt who they are. In his case he had lived as a priest in the ‘rose-red’ city of Petra around the 4th century where he inspired others as he will again.

Wonders can happen anywhere and instead of seeing a troubled school failure I saw a young man with a focus to his life and a way of achieving it. Like all indigo children he has a clear vision of the rights and wrongs of life. Instead of seeing him as a school failure it could be said that the school system had failed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment