Wednesday 6 January 2010

Angels in the snow


As I looked out of my window this morning a winter wonderland spread before me. It was beautiful and crisp and felt like a new clean world as if the old was being swept away under tonnes of snow.
A group of 3 deer caught my eye silhouetted against the white. I love these wild deer and their presence reminds me of how close to the edge our lives still are. We may live in centrally heated homes but just metres away nature still survives and thrives even so close to humans.
Hours later sitting on a small hill I surveyed all that I could see and felt so very good. As well as my family and friends others were on the hill, all of us throwing ourselves down the slope on a variety of home made sledges. There were cries of joy and excitement and laughter. We were of course surrounded by a variety of snow angels, hand crafted out of the snow.
These angels are not the type I usually see but just as important. They are made with a sense of fun, frivolity and joy. They help us to remember the fun of a day out of the ordinairy, a day away from the monotony of life and give great pleasure in the remembering. Making the most of every sitaution is a great gift and one which I am gradually learning.
Hours later again in the warmth of a home we feel tired and achy, but refreshingly invigorated and ready for whatever the year brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment