Wednesday 30 October 2013

The Journey Home

The Journey Home

It was dark when I left last night and far later than I had intended. I had just visited my daughter at University who I had not seen for 6 weeks and the time had gone on.  So at 9.30 I was leaving for a long drive home along roads I did not know and I was already tired before leaving her.  I got out of the city easily enough far easier than arriving in the morning and was soon on the road leading to the motorway.

My tiredness was beginning to show and even a strong coffee could not keep my focus so I asked the angels, the spirits and anyone else around me to help me get home safely and not get lost.  This is a strange world and we have to be careful what we ask for.  Just after asking for help I realised that I had missed the turn onto the motorway and was driving towards the next town.  At the next roundabout I saw a sign to a town I knew would take me back to the motorway and so turned to follow the sign.   It was over 20 miles across country through some of the prettiest villages in the heart of England but in the darkness I saw very little as I continued to follow a tortuous route through the countryside. 

Back on the motorway I drove on.  I think the concentration of the cross country roads had wakened me up and the motorway seemed easy then as counties quickly passed.  Then a sign caught my eye – the motorway in front of me was closed for 4 junctions for repair work.  This couldn’t be happening to me, surely not but it was. All the vehicles filed obediently away from this major artery and began to follow diversions once more through pretty villages and then even around the edge of a city.

No comments:

Post a Comment